I got tagged by Hannah to do the 6 Weird Things about Me.
The rules: Each player of this game starts with the “6 weird things about you.” People who get tagged need to write in their blog of 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names.
1) I can not listen to the radio. I get so horribly cranky if I can’t pick my music myself and have to listen to loud DJ’s that all seem to yell at the microphone.
2) I talk to myself a lot.
3) I hate buying shoes. I just hate shopping in general. Except for stash, books and music.
4) I hate being pregnant, but I love giving birth.
5) I am insanely organised when it comes to some things, but terribly disorganised when it comes to other things. I always know where everything is though.
6) One of my favorite things to do is to go out walking in the rain. When it is raining straight down that is. I don’t like walking in the rain when it is very windy outside also. But walking in the rain when it is pouring straight down and getting soaked to the bone… I love that!
I tagg the following people:
Ágústa (maybe this will get her to update hehe)
And whoever that wants to do this :o)
I started another biscornu last night, for my friend Colleen in NY. She sent me white Lugana in 28ct and one of the new variations colors from DMC. It is looking great so far and I can’t wait to stitch some more on it when I get home today. I was worked for almost 11 hours yesterday and was just exhausted when I got home. My mom came over and we watched Gray’s Anatomy (I love that show) and when she left I just managed to start the stitching and then I just crashed. Hopefully this evening will be a better stitching night for me :o)
I haven’t blogged in way too long. I am sorry. Things have just been quite crazy around here, both at home and at my job. Nothing bad though, just very good and productive busy. I have been stitching though. Not much, but some. I also cleaned my house over the weekend and man does it feel good to be in a perfectly clean house!
I started and finished this biscornu last night. It is for my friend Robyn in Australia. Her and some other ladies from my worldwide stitching group are sending me floss in exchange for biscornus :o) I love that idea since floss (DMC) is so horribly expensive here in Iceland that I can’t afford to buy it here. And I love making biscornus so this is a wonderful trade for me!
Robyn picked this variegated purple DMC floss for her biscornu. I stitched it on 25ct white Lugana and used Mill Hill beads for the sides. Every 5th stitch. The pattern is from one of my old Icelandic patternbooks and I love how it turned out.
I am a very happy girl today. I got a promotion at my job! I had been thinking about quitting and finding something else, told my boss and she didn’t want me to leave. So I was offered a new and better position that I took. I start on February 1st! Weeha!
So me and my daughters are celebrating. We had pizza for dinner (they love pizza), rented a movie and are having popcorn. I just took a quick brake from the movie to blog a little. The little one is already asleep but Sumarrós is watching the movie, Mulan II.
I finally managed to take a decent picture of the scissor fob I made the other day. This is a free pattern from The Drawn Thread and you can get it here. There are other cute free designs here.
It is so tiny! I did it one over one on 28ct fabric and I love how it turned out. I am going to take the ribbon away though and make a cute beaded string to attach to it.
I also finished ‘Joy’ in the L*K 12 Blessings of Christmas series.
And made a start on Stitchers Acessory Book. I am so in love with it and I can hear it calling my name right now so I better get back to showing it and my daughter (who is also calling for me) my attention.
Over the weekend I finished another one of Lizzie*Kate’s Blessings – Giving. It says Gjafir in Icelandic.
We were going to do one picture a month but I really am enjoying these so I am doing them whenever I feel like it. I also finished Joy last night but haven’t taken a picture yet. I also finished a tiny little scissor fob over the weekend but haven’t gotten a decent picture of it yet. It is stitched 1 over 1 so it is really small and no matter how I try, I can’t seem to get a good picture of it. I am going to give it another go tonight and if it doesn’t work, then you will just get a bad picture.
I went to a stitching night with my Icelandic stitching group on Monday and it was wonderful. There were 2 new faces that I haven’t met before. I started my Stitcher’s Accessory Book and the colors are so beautiful. I am going to try and stitch some more on that tonight and see if I can get a good picture of it.
Another Happy Dance. I like happy dancing (with my i-pod) into the new year!
Here is the other biscornu for the ladies that my mother works for. I loved stitching this one. I wasn’t sure about the pattern when I started it, but the more I stitched, the more I loved it.
Looks good right?
Now I have to start working on a bookmark that should be sent out no later than the 15th of February. I am having a hard time picking a pattern for it, but I have narrowed it down to a couple.
I have some Magazines, patterns and other stuff that I want to get rid off. I would love something in return though. So if you see something HERE that you want and want to trade with me, drop me an e-mail at litlaskvis @ vortex . is (remove the spaces off course) and we will set up a trade :o)
Oh yes. I am in love! So very much in love.
He is not my regular type of guy. And he is pink. But he is beautiful. And he plays me wonderful music. And he does what I tell him to do. And he shuts up when I tell him to. And he is shiny.
I love him!
Well, as close to beeing finished as possible. I finished the first of the 12 Blessings of Christmas by Lizzie*Kate. I decided to do the Friends piece first and I stitched it in the DMC colors. I haven’t stitched the words “Friends” at the top since I am thinking about translating all of these to Icelandic. Friends would translate to Vinir. And I need to figure the rest of them out, chart them and see if they all work with the patterns. So I will figure that out later.
**EDIT** I have added the letters to it. I think it looks great :o)
It is getting late and I must get to bed. I have to work tomorrow.
Oh, and speaking of tomorrow. My friend Sveina from my stitching group just came back from a vacation overseas and she was so sweet to buy an i-pod nano for me! She is going to drop it of at my office tomorrow! It is PINK! I am so excited to get it!
And what have we here? Something that is not on the list I posted yesterday, but I started this last year (just a couple of days ago) and finished it up last night. It is a biscornu for one of the ladies that my mother works for. There is going to be another one in blue to give to the other lady. They are mother and daughter and are just so wonderful that I wanted to give them a little something. They both gave my daughters Christmas presents (I had no idea that they would) so I decided to make a little something for them. And a biscornu is something that I know that they will love since they both sew and stitch.
This is a free pattern and you can get it here.
Stitched on 28ct antique white linen with red Needle Necessities floss. The same one I used for my Love Tree by M-designs. I was going to use the same pattern for the other biscornu but now I am not so sure. I have so many beautiful patterns to make these so I am having a hard time deciding which one to use.
So I have been going through my projects and deciding what I want to get done in 2007. This is what I have come up with so far.
1) A Stitcher’s Accessory Book – Judy Odell.
I have everything I need to get this one done, the linen, the Needle Necessities floss, the beads, the chart and the finishing instructions. I am doing the Autumn colors version.
2) Lizzie*Kate – 12 Blessings Of Christmas.
I am going to do one picture a month. I am thinking of using the darker fabric that I bought while in London last year and do them all on one piece of fabric. I think these will look good on the checked fabric.
3) Spot of Winter – The Drawn Thread.
4) Spot of Summer – The Drawn Thread.
5) Spot of Spring – The Drawn Thread.
6) Spot of Autumn – The Drawn Thread. I got all these “Spots” for my birthday from my friend Rósa and all the speciality threads to stitch them.
7) Christmas Stocking – Stitcher’s Studio. For myself. Then me and my girls will all have Christmas stockings.
Already started projects.
1) Fairy Grandmother – Lavender & Lace. I want to get more done on her. The mission is not to finish her, just work on her more.
2) A Gift From The Eagle Feather – Dimmensions Gold Collection Kit. I have started this one over since I took that picture. It was off by a couple of stitches and I can’t find the error. So I started it over. It is going to be for my father.
3) Mini Cottages IV – Michael Powell. I have already done Mini Cottages 1, 2 and 3 and want to do the last one to finish up the series.
4) Finish knitting the dress for my daughter Karítas. No picture as of yet.
1) Dice exchange at my cross stitch group.
2) Bookmark exchange at the LiveJournal community.
I think that is it for now. I will add and change this list as I remember to do so throughout the year :o) So what are your stitching goals for 2007?
Happy new year everyone!
This is going to be a post about all my 2006 finishes.
1) Dragonfly Scissor Purse by Just Nan. Front and back.
2) Italian Ice, freebie by Just Nan. I still have to put the frosted snowflake in the middle.
3) Hardanger Wreath by Victoria Sampler, made into a pincushion.
4) Heart Sweet Bag, freebie by Victoria Sampler. Made the bag bigger and in different colors.
5) Snowman Round Robin for Rósa. I stitched a square for her as one lady dropped out of the Round Robin. Pattern by Stoney Creek.
6) Long Legged Chick by Ewe Eye and Friends. Changed the colors.
7) Christmas stocking for my daughter Karítas. My mother did the sewing.
8) E is for Embroidery by Praire Schooler. Changed the words to Icelandic.
9) A Mothers Love Needleroll by Shepherd’s Bush. For my mother.
10) Snow Fall Needleroll by Shepherd’s Bush. For me.
11) Dance of the Bumblebee by Bent Creek. One over one and made into an ornament.
12) Forget me Not Needleroll by Shepherd’s Bush. Memories of my trip to Texas.
13) Mini Cottages III by Michael Powell. Three down, one to go.
14) Scarecrow Round Robin on Perforated Paper for Svandís. Pattern was in For The World Of Cross Stitching Magazine.
15) Orange Biscornu. For myself. Pattern from an old Icelandic pattern book.
16) White/Purple Biscornu. For Tracy. Pattern was a freebie. Here is the back.
17) Sunflower Dish Towell for Tracy. Pattern by Pamella Kellog.
18) Pink-ish Biscornu for Rósa. For an exchange.
19) Black/green Biscornu for Maggý. A gift.
20) Keeping The Bees by Shepherd’s Bush.
21) Tending The Blooms by Shephed’s Bush.
22) White/Pink/Purple/Blue Biscornu for Colleen. Here is the back.
23) Petal Fairy by Mirabilia. Christmas present for my daughter Sumarrós.
24) Santa Globe by Bent Creek.
25) Robin on a branch. Pattern from a British Magazine.
26) Christmas balls. Pattern from a British Magazine.
27) Bear in a stocking. Pattern from a British Magazine.
28) Robin. Pattern from a British Magazine.
29) White/Blue Biscornu. Exchange for Hannah. Here is the back.
30) Margaret Sherry SAL – Day one. I was going to stitch all 12 of them but I only finished this one. And made a start on Day two.
1) I made a slight progress on Fairy Grandmother. This is how she looked in the beginning of the year, and this is how she looks now.
2) I knitted a sweater for my X-BF Mio.
3) I knitted a scarf for myself.
4) I made a mitten out of felt.
I think that was a pretty decent year all in all!
Next, to make a list of what I want to accomplish in 2007!
Filed under lists, stitching