Merry Christmas to all my blog readers! I have gotten Christmas cards from several of you and would like to thank you for taking the time to send me a card. Unfortunately my funds didn’t allow for me to send out holiday cards this year.
Me and the girls have had a great time together this Christmas. We have eaten a lot, spent time with the family and friends, relaxed, watched movies, played with the new toys etc. It has been great! I have even managed to stitch a little! I am almost done with the Little Women series and also started a cute freebie that I hope to have finished very soon. Now I have to work tomorrow and the day after and then it is back to two days off. Oh so nice! We really need it since we have a lot of work waiting for us in the new year.
Here is a cute picture of my daughters, Karítas and Sumarrós that my friend Aisté printed on canvas and put on a frame and gave me for Christmas. I thought it might bring you a little joy as it did for me 🙂 I hope you have all had a great time this Holiday season and whatever you are celebrating that you got to spend time with the people that you love the most.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Both. I tend to reuse bags as often a possible.
2. Real tree or artificial?
I do prefer the real trees. But I do not have a tree this year.
3. When do you put up the tree?
4. When do you take the tree down?
6th of January.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Never tasted it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Books. I have always loved books.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
8. Easiest person to buy for?
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Clothes that were too small when I was about 13 and they were for a 7 year old. It was OK though, we went to the store and exchanged them for something that I could use.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I don’t think so
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
The Christmas dinner that my mom makes.
16. Lights on the tree?
Yes. The more the better!
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Little Drummer Boy
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay at my parents house with my family.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s?
Only if I sing it.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Neither. This year it is a Santa hat. Star kept falling off.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
After dinner on the 24th of December. That is the tradition here in Iceland.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
The crowds and the darkness.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Red, Green and gold always gets me.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
The one my mom makes. Lightly smoked pork.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I never have any Christmas wishes except getting to spend time with family and friends. Thankfully, that is a wish that always comes true.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this?
Anyone who feels like it.