I have been studying very hard for my upcoming exam tomorrow since I got home from Denver. This is the first out of three and I must admit that I am a little nervous about it. Sure, I know what I am doing but it has been a while since I have taken a big exam like that. Cross your fingers for me, please!
So I have not been knitting much. I did however finish the knitting on Morganite a few weeks back, but still had to steek it, cut, pick up stitches and knit the lists for the buttons on the front. So, after working for 8 hours, studying for another 5 I decided that I would get 1 hour of knitting time before bed. So the first night I did the first list. Then the second list. Then I attached the buttons and washed it and then I had a new cardigan! Ta-dah!
I made A LOT of changes on this one. The pattern is written so that you knit the cardigan back and forth. Well, I hate doing that so I changed to knitting in the round. I had no idea if that would work for the lace pattern on the yoke, but I decided that if it didn’t work, I could do that part back and forth. Well, it worked. How, I do not know, but it worked! I made size 3, that had an error in set up row when joining the sleeves to the body, but I got some notes from Sigurlaug and counted and re-counted and it all worked out in the end. Now I am waiting for Sigurlaug to finish her Morganite!