The first finish for 2012! Olearia for my lovely Karítas, who is not that small anymore. How and when did my kids grow up so fast? I surely missed it.
She needed a cardigan that goes with basically everything and after a quick Ravelry search I found this one. I love this pattern, simple yet beautiful. I knit it out of some Chinese wool that was gifted to me last year and I love it in this little cardigan. It knitted up so beautifully. Now I want more of this yarn, in more colours but it is probably not happening since it is just sold in this one store in Shanghai and well, I am not going there anytime soon! Haha.
Pattern: Olearia by Georgie Hallam
Yarn: Weird wool from China
Needles: 3.5mm and 4mm
I am also making socks from this yarn and they are really pretty. Should have them finished sometime this week.
And in other news! Very exciting, I got a new job! My last day at my current job is this Wednesday and then I start working at the new job on Friday! Woohoo!
Happy New Year! I can’t believe another year is here. 2011 was in many ways a very good year and in other ways a pretty crappy one for me. Probably the biggest roller coaster year ever for me. It ended well though and 2012 started out well too so here is hoping for a good one!
Like always I do a list of finishes so here we go.
1) She’s a Rainbow shawl. Pattern based on Simple Things by Mary-Heather Cogar.
2) Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmermann
3) The Whitney Headband by Jennifer DiMaria
4) Basic Four Needle Mittens – Super Fine by Patons
5) Stockholm Scarf by knittedblissJC
6) Basic Child’s Gradiance Sock in Foot Prints by Laura Lough
7) Pretty basic socks – no real pattern
8) Barnapeysa með hettu by Astrid Ellingsen
9) Still Light by Veera Välimäki
10) Brownstone by Jared Flood
11) Stripe Study Shawl by Veera Välimäki
12) Terra by Jared Flood – finished but need to wash and block it and take new pictures.
13) Butternut Scarf by Anne Hanson – finished but need to take better pictures.
14) Tree of Light by Cordula Surmann-Schmitt
15) Akimbo by Stephen West
16) I Heart Lace by Inese Andzane
17) Parisian Twist Headband Ear Warmer by Elisa McLaughlin
18) Bow Headband by Beth Postelwait
19) Honey Hat by Hannah Fettig
20) Classic Mittens by Bernhard Ulmann
21) Socks for Bjarki – my own design short row heel
1) Antique Hearts Needleroll – Shepherd’s Bush
2) Heart Pinkeep – freebie
3) Strawberry Emery – Blackbird Designs
4) Winter Pinkeep – Just Nan freebie
So happy new year dear friends and readers!
Filed under Christmas, Family, finish, Finishing, free patterns, gifts, Happy Dance, knitting, life, lists, lopi, Other, Pinkeep, shawl, socks, stash, stitching, yarn
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2011 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The concert hall at the Syndey Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 21,000 times in 2011. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 8 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
Click here to see the complete report.